5 Critical Factors Warehouse Managers Should Know to Maximize Floor Scales in Calgary and Alberta
Luckily, there are things you can do to maximize the return on your investment, keep it running, and ensure you have the right model for your application.
Choosing the right scales for your business can be challenging. Once they are installed, you want to get the most out of your investment. Here is how you can do this:
How to Improve ROI from Your Scales in Your Red Deer Warehouse
- Improve Workflow - Integrating a weigh system into your receiving area will not hinder your workflow; if anything, it will streamline shipping and receiving. Once you have your scale in place, do not forget essential accessories, like loading ramps or a floor scale that is flush with the ground for easier access.
- Improve Quality Control – Floor scales can be used within your quality control department too. Consider this: you can ensure that the weight of your outgoing product matches what was ordered, and ensure customer satisfaction. The happier your customers are about receiving what they are supposed to, the better your retention and ultimately, your revenue.
- Certifying Scales - Commercial transactions must be weighed with a certified scale. If your scale does not meet the measurement regulations for Canada, you may be violating transportation laws. Certifying scales in Alberta is relatively easy when you work with a professional installer and service team.
- Faster Receivables - Streamline shipping and receiving by using forklift scales. This allows your forklift operators to move the items from the truck, weigh them, print a ticket, and the data is then automatically sent to your PLC through Wi-Fi for quick input. When receiving does not require multiple steps or employees, you free up staff for more pertinent (and profitable) projects.
- Maintenance is Critical - While there are plenty of things you can do to improve your scale’s efficiency and ROI, nothing will ruin all that hard work more than a system failure. You can avoid this by scheduling preventative maintenance on your warehouse forklift and floor scales.
Need Certifying or Scale Servicing for Your Warehouse?
Whether you want to perform preventative maintenance or you need your scale certified to meet the latest measurement regulations, the team at Accurate/Western Scale Co. Ltd. can help. We offer the most recent models of floor scales to accommodate any warehouse need and also offer expert 24/7 service to keep your warehouse up and running.
Call us at 403-250-3232 to learn more about our floor scale models or to get your unit certified. You can also complete an online contact form for information about our floor scales in Central and Southern Alberta, Southern British Columbia and Saskatchewan including Calgary and Red Deer.