Rent or Buy? Renting versus Buying Scales in Alberta
While you might use industrial scales every day for your business, you may not necessarily need to buy them.
The decision to rent or purchase weighing equipment depends on the circumstances specific to your company. In many cases, owning a weighing system makes sense. In other situations, renting your scales is a more logical and cost effective option.
Weighing the Options: How to Choose Between Scale Rental or Purchase
To determine the best choice for your business, you will need to consider a variety of details. If you are trying to decide whether to buy or rent scales, here are some of the top factors to think about:
- Available Funds – You might want to purchase a weighing system for your company, but do you have the funds available to do this? If you are barely keeping the doors open, you might want to consider renting the scales you need. You can always buy the equipment you need later when your business is more profitable.
- Lower Overall Cost – If you have the funds needed and are concerned with overall cost, buying your scales could be the better option. This is particularly true if you plan to use your scales for a long time. The initial price for such equipment could be less than the amount you would pay over a considerable length of time.
- Maintenance Responsibility – When you rent weighing equipment, you typically do not need to worry about paying for the maintenance yourself. Upkeep may be part of the rental contract, leaving you with less responsibility and expense.
- Proper Fleet Management – If you operate a fleet of trucks and can take on the task of managing equipment, purchasing your scales could be the right solution. You will have more control over the usage of your weighing systems.
- Upgrade Capacity – Buying your scales means that you will not always be able to upgrade when you wish. Renting the equipment you need may be a wiser strategy if you plan to upgrade on a regular basis.
- Seasonal or Temporary Need – You should certainly consider renting if your need for equipment is temporary. When your business only requires a weighing system for a short time, buying it does not make sense. When you suspect that your requirement might be short-lived, it is wise to consider renting the scales initially. If that need changes and you require commercial scales on a long-term basis, you might then wish to buy them.
Scales to Meet Your Requirements in Alberta
Professional and industrial scales are used for a broad variety of purposes. We at Accurate/Western Scale Co. Ltd. are delighted to help you meet your business needs. We provide both small and large weighing systems. Depending on your circumstances, you can rent or buy our weighing products. Please keep in mind that some scales, such as crane scales, are not legal for trade; therefore, they can only be calibrated and not certified.
If you have questions about certifying or calibrating your scales, you can call us at 403-250-3232. We provide scales in Red Deer, Lethbridge, and Swift Current, Alberta. Do not hesitate to complete our online contact form for more information.