The importance of buying a commercial scale from a reputable company
Purchasing a commercial scale online may be convenient, but it’s risky. Many online retailers boast ultralow prices. However, the scales they sell are often subpar, and there’s no way to tell if they meet Measurement Canada’s legal standards. A flawed scale could affect your business’ reputation and bottom line. It could also result in hefty fines.
In Canada, all commercial companies selling products by weight must use weighing equipment certified as legal for trade. The good news is that Measurement Canada has created a list of accredited and registered scale service providers, and the scope of their inspection services. When you use this resource, you can rest assured you’re choosing a scale retailer you can trust.
The Accurate/Western Scale Co. Ltd. difference
Here are some benefits of buying your commercial scale from an authorized dealer like Accurate/Western Scale Co. Ltd.
- We offer custom solutions. We have scales for nearly all industrial and commercial applications configured to meet your needs. For example, we supply everything from large scales for weighing trucks and livestock to specialty scales that attach to forklifts, cranes, hoppers and conveyor belts.
- We calibrate and certify our scales. We employ authorized scale inspectors who can certify legal for trade weighing devices on behalf of Measurement Canada under the Weights and Measures Act. It means the scales we well, our installation and repairs are all certified, so you don’t have to call another inspector to approve our work.
- We complete installations, restorations and conversions. We have a complete machine shop for restorations. Our service staff can complete on-site scale installations and convert old-style mechanical scales into state-of-the-art digital weighing systems.
- We provide repair services. We have an extensive inventory of scale parts and guarantee all our repair work. Our service vehicle fleet is also available 24/7 to fix scales of all makes and models.
- We offer comprehensive maintenance. We offer pre-scheduled maintenance contracts to ensure your scale equipment is kept in proper working condition and complies with all Measurement Canada regulatory requirements.
Certified commercial weigh scales in Alberta
At Accurate/Western Scale Co. Ltd., we sell and rent a variety of legal for trade scales, including counting, hanging, livestock and truck scales. We also provide accessories such as printers, load cells and mounts. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.