The purpose of crane scales and how they benefit your business
Scales help maintain and manage production lines, check consistency, and ensure compliance with regulations. Crane scales are typically found on planes, trains, and ships where cargo must be weighed before being loaded. You might also see crane scales in warehouses and production facilities, where heavy products are created.
What You Need to Know about Crane Scales
Crane scales help weigh a hanging load. For industrial purposes, they help weigh cumbersome and bulky loads which cannot be placed on a ground scale for accurate measurement. Crane scales come in a variety of models and offer various weighing potential. Today, crane scales are easy to read, use, and calibrate for more accurate measurements.
If you are considering crane scales for your business, here is what you need to know:
1. Manufacturing Compliance – When purchasing crane scales, make sure the company you are buying from manufactures and calibrates in accordance with local regulations, including those that pay particular attention to measurement values, units, and accuracy.
2. Easy to Use – You want crane scales that are easy to use and read. These scales are typically used in manufacturing and freight transportation; therefore, you need a scale that you can quickly affix to a crane, weigh, and move to the next crane if necessary.
3. Accurate Balance – Not all brands are created equal when it comes to weights and measurements. Look for a crane scale that is accurate, because load volume is critical when it comes to freight where cargo might shift and cause catastrophic accidents if the load is unbalanced.
4. Professional Installation – It is imperative that you have your larger capacity crane scales professionally installed and maintained. Because accuracy is essential, you need someone that knows how to affix them properly and also calibrate them.
5. Know How They Work – Crane scales measure by having the scale attached to the hook, then the digital readout tells you the amount of force being placed onto the crane, which then shows you the load weight so that you can transport without issue.
6. Customized Values – Look for models in that allow you to change measurement increments, including pounds, kilograms, and so forth. The more customized the values, the easier it will be to integrate the crane scale into your business operations in Alberta.
7. Purchase for the Field – Some crane scales are designed specifically for an industry; therefore, make sure the model you purchase matches your specifications and application needs, such as in the field of construction, transportation, aerospace, and freight.
Turn to the Professionals for Alberta Scales
When your business is ready to upgrade to a new crane scale or purchase a new crane scale outright, turn to the team at Accurate/Western Scale Co. Ltd. We are here to help you find the right scale for your specifications, and we can also install and calibrate it for maximum accuracy.
Call us at 403-250-3232 to learn more about crane scales in Alberta. You can also complete an online contact form for information about our scales.