Scale Controls, Microcontrollers & More
Accurate/Western Scale Co. Ltd. offers a variety of control systems in Alberta to our commercial customers. You can check out the specifications on some of these systems below, but if you have any questions at all, just contact us today.
Western SMART1 Controller - Scale Microcontroller and Remote Terminal
An easily programmable device that performs a wide variety of duties for weighing applications including: Data Management, Communications, Calculations, and I/O.
It also features:
- 5 Bi-directional, fully configurable serial ports
- 1 I/O expansion terminal
- Easy to read LCD display
- Compatible with any scale indicator
- Easy to learn and use graphical programming software. Great for novices and professionals
- 32 KB of program memory
- 32 KB of file storage memory
- Real-time clock
- Control Output Relays, Remote Inputs, and Analog Outputs
- Perform Arithmetic, Assign Variables, Create Data files, Print Custom Tickets, etc.
- Create your own custom scale systems
- Ideal for: Truck In/Out, Batching, Unattended Systems, and more...
- Available in a variety of enclosure models to suit any environment.
- Pre-installed factory programs and custom systems are available. Please call for more details.
- NEW! Optional USB Port upgrade for increased memory and functionality!
- LCD screen with LED backlight
- 4 rows of 20 characters
- 0.25" (6mm) character height
- 4 annunciator lights (GR, NT, lb, kg.)
- 16 buttons – alphanumeric
- Snap dome membrane
- RS 232. Fully Configurable
- Command mode for custom strings
- 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- 9VDC, 800mA
- Power supply: 120VAC 60Hz 16W
- Free PLAIN programming language, developed for weighing industry users
- 9.75 x 6 x 2.5 inches (25x15x6cm)
- Desktop enclosure: 2.5 lb (1 kg.)
- 2 year standard warranty
Western Custom System
Custom weighing and control systems have always been a major part of Western Scale’s product structure. We take great pride in designing and building these systems to customer specifications, making their processes easier and more efficient.
Western has specialized in creating systems for virtually every industry, including:
- Unattended truck scale systems
- Wireless systems
- Scale interface software
- Highway scale message centers & Matrix displays
- Automated bulk weighers
- Batching controls
- Filling systems
- Inventory control systems & Data loggers for
- Fish plants
- Food processing
Integrating weighing systems to any type of existing equipment including PCs, PLCs, RFID readers, networks, etc is also available. All custom systems are professionally manufactured in house.
Rice Lake CB-2 Concrete Batch Controller
The CB-2 is a versatile, efficient concrete batching control system ideal for ready-mix and block plants. The CB-2 is capable of controlling portable plants, stack-up plants, central mix, dry batch, as well as precast facilities. From weighing raw material to automatic printing of tickets and reports, your entire operation can now be cost effectively controlled from this proven reliable controller.
Driven by Rice Lake's intelligent 920i HMI controller, the CB-2 delivers real-time statistical data through various network options. Robust processing power and expanded networking capabilities allow the CB-2 to easily communicate with printers, PCs, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment.
Some of the standard features include:
- One aggregate and one cement scale sampling 120 times per second
- Standard manual override controls
- Batch tickets with configurable field printing
- 1 megabyte database
- Material usage by day/week/month/year and inventory on hand with reporting
- Automatic aeration control for cement silos and weigh hoppers
- Multiple freefall values per material with "learning" abilities
- Split batching for loads larger than plant capacity with pre-weighing next batch for maximum throughput
- Automatic dust collection outputs
- Simulation mode for demonstration and/or testing
Rice Lake 920i FlexWeigh System
Manufacturer-Approved Direct Replacement for FlexWeigh's DWM-IV
Pre-engineered and pre-programmed 920i FlexWeigh Systems are Rice Lake’s turnkey answer to many of manufacturing’s most commonly used weighing processes, providing clearly defined, immediate solutions for almost any operation. 920i FlexWeigh Systems combine the power and versatility of the 920i interface with the simplicity and strength of the FlexWeigh control panel.
No need for lengthy quoting or design obstacles. Each 920i FlexWeigh model is a standard design in its own right, factory tested and programmed for the task at hand. Stainless steel NEMA-4X enclosures and rugged, customizable operation switches guarantee industrial-strength and dependability, day after day, year after year.
Once you’ve selected the right model for the job, your 920i FlexWeigh System is shipped complete and ready to weigh, seamlessly transitioning almost any measurement task, into a fully automated weighing process.
Some features of this option include:
- 101 Basic Container Filler - Tares any freestanding container, starts the fill on command, and stops at desired value.
- 102 Hopper Fill and Discharge - Tares and fills a single-ingredient hopper to a desired value, then discharges on command.
- 103 Continuous Supply - Dispenses product from a refillable hopper until supply reaches a low-level amount, then signals automatic refill of hopper.
- 104 Replaceable Supply - Dispenses product from a non-refillable container. As container empties, system can be paused to change supply container and resumed to complete the cycle.
- 107 Bulk Shipping - Repeatedly fills and discharges a measured hopper until a specified target weight has been reached.
- 108 Bulk Receiving - Repeatedly fills and dispenses a measured hopper until all product is received, then total.
- 109 Bulk Shipping or Receiving - Toggle between bulk-shipping and bulk-receiving modes.
- 201 Batch to Container - Sequentially fills ingredients into a freestanding container according to preset target weights.
- 202 Batch to Hopper and Discharge - Sequentially fills ingredients into a hopper according to preset target weights, then discharges on command.
- Wallmount stainless steel enclosure
- Application program 101, 102, 103, 104, 107, 108, 109, 201, 202
- Front panel switches: E-Stop, reset/resume, start
- Softkeys for presets, CN#, ID#, formula#, totals
- Accumulating subtotal & total registers
- Transmitted audit trail
- Digital I/O Board
- Relay rack and SSR relay outputs
Automating Ticketing Kiosks
Improving more than just speed and accuracy, ATK systems offer state-of-the-art features like RFID, vehicle recognition, and durable weatherproof design. Customize the ATK system with a host of optional accessories like traffic lights and remote displays. Automate your traffic flow, maximize productivity, and keep vehicles moving efficiently to gain other benefits like improved safety and reduced labor costs.
The standard features include:
- Operator prompting
- Formattable tickets that print at the end of a transaction
- Traffic light control
- Transmits weight to remote display (only when activated)
- 115 VAC
- Currency acceptor (US currency only)