As Authorized Service Providers, we have the authority to inspect equipment to ensure its adherence to regulation. After an inspection done by us, Measurement Canada may also follow up with its own inspectors to ensure accuracy. If you find your device inaccurate, contact an Authorized Service Provider like Accurate/Western Scale Co. Ltd. to calibrate and certify your device. Once your device complies, we will give it a government-issued sticker to certify it.
Businesses that fail to comply with regulations may suffer consequences such as:
- Lost productivity and income due to withdrawal of equipment from use
- Lost income caused directly by inaccurate measurements
- Fines and closures
- Negative effect on the company’s reputation
To keep your equipment in good standing, we recommend:
- Using your equipment only for its intended measuring purpose – don’t measure material your device is not designed to measure
- Protecting your equipment from environmental damage
- Ensuring the device shows measurements clearly
- Thoroughly training staff on how to use the equipment properly
- Only buying and using equipment that has been approved, inspected, and certified – check to see if there is a valid sticker or certification, if not, you can get one from an Authorized Service Provider like us or Measurement Canada
If you need help with understanding certain rules, we have an article on commercial scale regulations that may apply to you and your sector. For further assistance on scale certifications in Calgary or other places in Canada, you can get in touch with us. Our experience and knowledge and a team of driven professionals always happy to help will offer you all the assistance you need.